Our Lady's Craigieburn / Roxburgh Park Parish
Delete photo - 000436_deaf.jpg
Confirm
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Our Lady's - 171 Craigieburn Road
Craigieburn, Vic, 3064
Fr. Varghese Kurisingal
9308 4500
Mon, Tue, Thu – 9am to 4pm

History

Our Lady's Parish History

YEAR Events Description
===========
1920 - 1944 Under control of St. Paul Parish, Coburg. Parishioners had to travel to St. Paul's Church in Coburgh or St. Peter's church in Epping to attend mass.

The parish priest is Fr. McGee and the Curates were Fr. Sherenie and Fr. Fox
1944 - 1964 Under control of St. Mark's Parish in Fawkner. Mass was held in the old wooden Craigieburn Hall. The hall was replaced with brick after the fire.

The Parish priests were Fr. Sylvester Keane and fr. Joseph Noonan. The Curates at that time were Fr. Frank Casamento, Fr. Tom Mulligan, Fr, Gerry Cudmore, Fr. Don Burnard, Fr. Fraser and Fr. Joseph McMahon
1949 September 25th - Oyr Lady of fatima church (Currently beside Hume Highway). Officially opened by Archbishop Mannix.
1964 - 1972 Under control of St. Matthew's Parish, North Fawkner.

The Parish priest was Fr. Kevin Ryan and the Curates were Fr. Seccolari, fr. Kevin Eaton and Fr. Frank O'Loughlin
1972 - 1984 Under the control of Holy Child Parish, Dallas.

The Parish priests were Fr. Patrick Creed, Fr. Brian James, Fr. Paul Dalton and Fr. Barry Caldwell
1980

June 1st - last Mass celebrated in old church. Stage 1 of Our Lady's Primary School
completed. Old church was too small, Mass now celebrated in the school compound.
1981 Parish name was changed to Our Lady's.
1983 Stage 2 of School completed
1984 Our Lady's become Parish in its own right, Fr. Tony Spierings was appointed as the first
Parish priest. Rented house in Wattleglen St which becomes Presbytery.
1987 March - Presbytery completed
1988 Stage 3 of the School completed. Mass was celebrated in the school.
1992

May - Sod turning ceremony was held.
June - New church building commences.

1993 May 1st - New church completed. First inaugural Mass was celebrated every 7:30 0m
16th - New church officially opened. Mass concelebrated by Archbishop Sir Frank Little,
Fr. Barry Cakdweld and fr. Tony Spierings.
1994 Our Lady's Parish celebrated their 10th year anniversary.
1996 Roxburgh Park School opened.
August - 1st stage of school (core building ) completed


© Copyright 2018 POL.ORG.AU